Sunday, April 3, 2011

Media Asset Creation (MAC) Week 1-READING Copyright Blog Section pasted

Below are some of my posts from the videos we had to watch in the MAC FSO window within a window.

I sort of feel the way I felt about red meat after I saw Temple Grandin on HBO about music right now. I am so confused on what is right and wrong. The radio DJ’s in my neighborhood, are they breaking laws daily with their 5:00 remix?
I also feel out of the loop (pun intended), because the only copyright cases I ever heard of, was the woman with kids that used Napster, and Vanilla Ice who stole to beat to “Ice Ice Baby”.
I feel the need to show this video to my students. Is it copyrighted? Ahhh!!


I may be old, but I could not watch the Disney video without shutting my eyes. I was dizzy. Thank you for summarizing it for us.
It saddens me to find out that children will not be able to view some histories.
Luckily, when I am teaching in the classroom the internet provides so many visuals for my ESE students. However, when I give a project that needs pictures I steered the children towards morguefile.com for images that were copyright free.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting summary of the unit. Radio DJ can remix and use music as transitions between show segments because radio stations usually pay an extra license to the recording industry so that they can use the music on the air. Funny thing is when I've heard former DJs go on to do podcasting as solo independents they still continue to produce their shows with lots of music but are probably operating without the additional license. So you see, even those who should know better get tripped up.

    Sorry that the Fair Use Fairytale was disturbing to you. I've been using the video for about 2 1/2 years and this is the first complaint that I've heard about the video. I know that some people are very sensitive to flicker light and that it's been know to cause nausea in some people. Again, sorry about the discomfort.

    ReplyDelete