Monday, April 18, 2011

Media Asset Creation (MAC) Week 4-Comment 1 (Mike's Page)

MIKE SAYS: As I have mentioned in my previous posts regarding this book, the insight offered by the Zanders transcends the fields of music and psychology and applies to all human relationships. The concluding five chapters neatly tie it all together. Each of these sections builds a case for creating a world that could be free of conflict and full of compassion. How could Lighting a Spark not speak to all of us in education. It is our goal to create the spark in the minds and eyes of our students, which in turn will enroll us deeper into the process, and creating a cycle of success. We attempt this by Being the Board on which our lessons are played out on, being rigid but also flexible based on the needs of our students. photo by Bernadette Colletti The deepest challenge is sustaining this throughout the school year, day after day. Face it, we all have off days, but we need to minimize those, or at least the effect those have on the kids. Finally, if we look at our students and the gifts they bring to the classroom, Telling the WE Story will engage both the children and us so we achieve the most success possible. It is what the Art of Possibility is all about. photo by Bernadette Colletti Like Presentation Zen, I have purchased a shelf copy of The Art of Possibility to be a permanent part of my personal library. I am sure I will revisit parts of this book as I move through the rest of my career.





PAMELA SAYS: First of all let me just say I love the way your blog is set up. It is so neat and organized. Lighting a spark is definitely what I do everyday. Off days always seem to be the day when I get observed- haha

No comments:

Post a Comment